Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Book Review - Jimmy Stewart: A Wonderful Life

In my book reviews, I give my brief thoughts on what I read. Sometimes I will expound on those thoughts, but more often than not, I will just give a brief opinion. I could go into detail about what the book is about, but a lot of people have already done that. You can read their descriptions of the book, plus the official description on Amazon.

Jimmy Stewart: A Wonderful Life, by Frank Sanello. 1997.

This book seems to have been finished in a rush following Stewart's death in July, 1997. 

Stewart's life from 1908-1969 spans 271 pages. The years 1970 to his death are covered in just 9 pages, including his own death and that of his wife. Those last nine pages also quote heavily from the barely more than one-page afterword by Stewart's daughter. 

I found at least three errors in this book, including a misspelled word, a repeated word. Sanello also is very repetitious, constantly repeating the same old stories, such as when Stewart was awarded for failing during a WWII bombing mission, which saved some historically significant items. 

The book also touches only briefly on the friendship between Stewart and Ronald Reagan. Save your money and your time. Invest them instead on another Stewart biography...ANY OTHER Stewart biography.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.