Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Possibly the shortest-lived blog ever

I have been kicking around the idea of this blog pretty much since I got laid off. I have thought about what it would look like, what the topic would be, and how I would censor myself in case potential employers found it.

Most of all, I spent a lot of time thinking about if I really wanted to say what was on my mind, since my emotions have been everywhere during the past month.

Actually, today IS one month. I was laid off one month ago today. I'm going to drink a beer tonight to celebrate.

But I will be celebrating more than unemployment. Hopefully it will be a celebration of short-term unemployment.

On Monday, I attended what I call a "cattle call" in Bowling Green. This particular cattle call was for a store called Peebles that is opening up just down the road from my house on April 30. Everyone walked in, filled out an application and interviewed on the spot.

The woman who interviewed me just called me and wants a second interview on Friday. So I will be there!

Jenn isn't excited about retail, but anything ... even a fast food job or cleaning the drunk tanks at the jail ... is better than what I have now!

So keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.