|Photo credit: http://lies.tumblr.com/post/|
I promised you a weekly blog entry and I have failed you. For 25 months, I have failed you.
A lot has happened since then. I coached my second year of t-ball. We moved. We celebrated two Christmases. I finished writing my book. I started writing my second book. And I have watched It's a Wonderful Life more times than I care to admit.
But a few things have come into clarity for me in the last several weeks that have made me yearn to blog again.
- First, the scope of my first book did not allow me the space or the variety of topics I wish to cover related to It's a Wonderful Life. Hence the second book.
- Second, I miss deep thinking. It's so easy to get wrapped up in every-day life and stop thinking critically about what matters to you. There is a lot that matters to me, and I can relate most of it back to It's a Wonderful Life in some manner.
Which is EXACTLY what I propose to do now. My goal is to use this blog to:
- Expand the thoughts in my book.
- Discuss open-ended questions with YOU.
- Discuss other Capra and Stewart films.
- I will listen to feedback if you have conflicting ideas....as long as you are respectful about it.
- Relate lessons from It's a Wonderful Life to my life, and hopefully to your life, as well.
- Attempt characters studies.
- Share exciting news.
- Share personal experiences; Some deeply meaningful, some just for fun.
- Discuss IAWL-collecting.
I hope that you join me. You can be my Buffalo Gal. We can find adventure in our own back yards. There are so many lessons to learn here. I don't want to just teach them to you. I want YOU to teach them to ME. So please, join the discussion by subscribing to this blog. You can find the link on the right side of this page; In this column, right over here -------------------------------------------->
You can get in on the discussion right now by sending me a topic request. My only stipulation is that it has to relate somehow to It's a Wonderful Life, Capra or Stewart.
You can also join the discussion right now by posting either your favorite film, or why you love It's a Wonderful Life in the comments below. I sincerely look forward to hearing from you.