Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My Collection Part 13 - Zuzu Bailey's It's a Wonderful Life Cookbook

As part of my blog, I like to feature parts of my collection. It's a strange thing. It feels like bragging, but it's not....it's blog fodder.

Here I present my copy of Zuzu Bailey's It's a Wonderful Life Cookbook. It was written by Karolyn Grimes, who played Zuzu Bailey in the film. I bought a copy for myself and a copy for my mother when I met Karolyn at Borders in Cleveland in 1997. She signed both copies. That was the same trip/visit when I sat down with Karolyn and Chris and we had a fantastic chat over coffee. I've blogged about that visit many times before, but this is the book that brought it all together.

This book includes recipes with names based on people and scenes in the film, as well as a brief history of the film and some memories.

I am not going to review the book because I have not read it. Cookbooks don't lend themselves to easy reading. But here are some photos of my book, and my mother's:

My copy of Zuzu Bailey's It's a Wonderful Life Cookbook 
The inscription inside my copy of Zuzu Bailey's It's a Wonderful Life Cookbook
The inscription inside my mom's copy of Zuzu Bailey's It's a Wonderful Life Cookbook



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.