Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Book Review - Zuzu's Wonderful Life in the Movies

In my book reviews, I give my brief thoughts on what I read. Sometimes I will expound on those thoughts, but more often than not, I will just give a brief opinion. I could go into detail about what the book is about, but a lot of people have already done that. You can read their descriptions of the book, plus the official description on Amazon.

Zuzu's Wonderful Life in the Movies by Christopher Brunell.

My copy of Zuzu's Wonderful Life in the Movies.
You can find a lot of information on the Internet. Right now, I can go online and look up the film history of Karolyn Grimes. In fact, I'll save you the effort. Click here to see all of her films.

Here, Brunell explores all of the movies she appeared in. What is interesting and useful about this book is that it Brunell had (has?) access to Karolyn's personal collection and archives. So there are behind-the-scenes photos and stills with autographs from many of the actors and actresses she worked with.

It also tells stories abut the films and shares Karolyn's memories about what happened on the set.

It's a fascinating book that is a quick read, full of pictures, yet goes deeper than any single Web site to go. You would have to spend hours searching for all of this information to collect it all in one place. Luckily Brunell has done it for you.

I had the pleasure of meeting Brunell in 1997 in Cleveland. At the time, he was traveling with Grimes, who was on tour supporting her cook book. I have a picture of the three of us together somewhere, but I can't find it right now. If I find it, maybe I'll post it.

4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.