Monday, August 24, 2015

Movie review - Rear Window (1954)

In my movie reviews, I give my brief thoughts on what I watched. Sometimes I will expound on those thoughts, but more often than not, I will just give a brief opinion. You can read plot descriptions on Internet Movie Database or on Amazon.

Rear Window. Starring Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly. Directed by Alfred Hitchcock. 1954.

Source: http://goo.gl/xB4NkC
Where do you draw the line between being a concerned neighbor and being a voyeur? Hitchcock explores this concept with this film.

A neighbor goes missing. Her husband mostly goes about his daily life as if nothing has happened. Can Scotty (Jimmy Stewart) solve the mystery before it's too late?

I have seen this film on the big screen twice and on DVD multiple times. It never gets old. It is interesting to see Stewart progress as he gets older. His characters get grittier as he gets older. There is less innocence and naïveté and more distrust and callousness.

And the fact that it is a Hitchcock film makes it even better.

4.5 out of 5 stars.v

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.