Monday, September 14, 2015

Book Review - It's a Wonderful Life: The Fiftieth Anniversary Scrapbook

In my book reviews, I give my brief thoughts on what I read. Sometimes I will expound on those thoughts, but more often than not, I will just give a brief opinion. I could go into detail about what the book is about, but a lot of people have already done that. You can read their descriptions of the book, plus the official description on Amazon.

It's a Wonderful Life: The Fiftieth Anniversary Scrapbook by Jimmy Hawkins. 1996.

Source: http://goo.gl/zkVBTn
This book is written by Jimmy Hawkins. He played Tommy Bailey, the youngest of the Bailey children. He has written several books about It's a Wonderful Life. This one may be the best.

What makes this book interesting are the interviews with most of the cast and crew of It's a Wonderful Life. It provides their stories, their insights and their memories of the film. Some of the information can be found in a variety of other sources, but the interview format is a fresh take on these ideas.

The other nice aspect is the collection of very large photos found throughout the book.

4 of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.