Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Movie Review - A Hole in the Head

In my movie reviews, I give my brief thoughts on what I watched. Sometimes I will expound on those thoughts, but more often than not, I will just give a brief opinion. You can read plot descriptions on Internet Movie Database or on Amazon.

A Hole in the Head. Starring Frank Sinatra. Directed by Frank Capra (1959).


Notice the repeated use of the word "Wonderful" in the trailer above.


Source: http://goo.gl/SCqymO
This film features great use of music, which makes sense, because it is a vehicle for Sinatra.

But beyond the great music, I just couldn't do it. I tried. But I couldn't stay awake. I tried watching it three different times, and I fell asleep each time. Sometimes multiple times.

I'm pretty sure it has everything to do with the fact that:

1) I hate musicals. Synonyms include loathe and despise.

2) After It's a Wonderful Life, Capra's films lost their allure...at least for me they did. And that makes me sad.

1 star out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.