Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Book Review - Frank Capra: The Catastrophe of Success

Frank Capra: The Catastrophe of Success, by Joseph McBride, 2000.

Joseph McBride
Source: http://goo.gl/caMblS
In my book reviews, I give my brief thoughts on what I read. Sometimes I will expound on those thoughts, but more often than not, I will just give a brief opinion. I could go into detail about what the book is about, but a lot of people have already done that. You can read their descriptions of the book, plus the official description on Amazon.

This book affirmed what I suspected in my review of The Name Above the Title (see Monday's blog entry)

McBride seems to take pleasure in and take pains to identify every false bit of information that can be found in The Name Above the Title

I read this book because it came highly recommended to me. When it arrived in the mail (I purchased it online), I read the back cover, and read some online reviews, and I wondered to myself, “why write a book about someone you hate?” 

This book isn’t like that, despite my first impression. This is a careful examination of Capra the man and Capra the myth. It is a very, very long book, but Stephen King has written longer. If you are going to read The Name Above the Title, then you MUST read The Catastrophe of Success, and they really ought to be read in that order.

My copy of this book.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.