Friday, July 24, 2015

Photo Friday - Grandpa Van Vorhis

Late Wednesday/early Thursday, I posted about the death of my grandfather.

Photo Fridays usually consist of photos of bells. I have more than a year's worth of bells. But instead of bells, I thought I would post some photos of my grandfather that I found during the visitation. It was very cool to see family resemblances between my great-grandfather, Grandpa, my dad, and my two sons. I even found a photo of me and my barn, which I mentioned in my last blog entry.

So check these out, and hopefully I will return to bells next Friday.


A crooked hat. I wear my hat this way, as well.
So does my father and my oldest son. 


Another crooked hat.


My grandfather holding my dad. Check out the close-up below.

Check out the family resemblance. This is my dad as a toddler. Below is my
oldest son, at age 9 months or so. They look very much alike.


Me and my barn. I still have it.

Me wearing one of Grandpa's hats.

My cousins and Grandpa, holding my crying brother,
who doesn't want his picture taken.

Here is a close-up of me, which my wife points out is the
same stance and attitudinal face that my youngest son has.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.