Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Movie Review - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

In my movie reviews, I give my brief thoughts on what I watched. Sometimes I will expound on those thoughts, but more often than not, I will just give a brief opinion. You can read plot descriptions on Internet Movie Database or on Amazon.

Jefferson Smith is the head of the Boy Rangers, a thinly-veiled revision of Cub Scouts.

This is a classic "little guy" film.

Stewart's performance is tops. It's a very emotional experience to watch him fall apart during the culmination of the film.

And of course, Beulah Bondi plays his mother. Again. And they sing "Auld Lang Syne". Again. And the same actors appear. Again, including Thomas Mitchell. And H.B. Warner. And Bondi. And those are only actors from It's a Wonderful Life. That doesn't take into consideration actors from other Capra and Capra/Stewart films.

Watch the trailer here:

This film is amazing, and my second-favorite Stewart film. And my second-favorite Capra film, too.

5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.