Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Movie Review - An American Tail: Fievel Goes West

In my movie reviews, I give my brief thoughts on what I watched. Sometimes I will expound on those thoughts, but more often than not, I will just give a brief opinion. You can read plot descriptions on Internet Movie Database or on Amazon.

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West. Starring Phillip Glasser, Jimmy Stewart, Erica Yohn. 1991.

Source: http://goo.gl/0rv4mk
As Jimmy Stewart's last film, I really want to like this movie. I just can't manage it. An American Tail: Fievel Goes West was released in 1991. Stewart died in 1997 at the age of 89.

The movie opens with Stewart's character, Wylie Burp, but he doesn't show up again until about 40 minutes into the movie.

Watch Fievel Goes West if you have kids. Watch it if you want to be a Stewart film completist. But it certainly isn't a Disney movie.

Interestingly, Stewart played Wylie Burp in this film and starred as Wyatt Earp in the 1964 film, Cheyenne Autumn.

2 out of 5 stars.




     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.