Friday, October 9, 2015

Photo Friday - Harvey House

In Bowling Green, Ohio, across from the Wood County Court House, is a home in which resides Harvey. Really.

As you drive past, you can see him looking out upon the courthouse from an upper-story room of the home. Sometimes he moves to a different window.

In the early 2000s....maybe even in the late 1990s, I interviewed the woman who lived there. I think I was writing a story about a dog issue in the neighborhood. Harvey in the window is only a portion of what makes the charm of this home.

There also is a Civil War cannon on the front porch. Additionally, if you have seen the film Harvey, you are familiar with "the painting." Well, the woman who lives here also has a painting of herself and Harvey hanging over the fireplace. It is surreal.

Harvey, the pukka in the upstairs window, was loaned to the local acting troupe, the Black Swamp Players, one year for their production of Harvey. I attended one of their performances of Harvey, as well.

I'm not sure if I ever wrote a story about this woman's fascination with Harvey, but if I ever did....and if I can find it....I'll post it here.

In the meantime, here are the photos I took on April 1, 2015:

"The Harvey House" in Bowling Green.

How much is that Harvey in the window?
How many accidents has he caused?

The Civil War cannon on the porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, questions and feedback! be sure to subscribe to my page to read the latest.